new to the forum, but not so to fish

hey guys, the names Matt, just joined the site today, and been pokin around. lots of great info on everything. i just got my new/old 30 gallon tank up and running today, its been in storage for some time now. my brother has 4 tanks set up at his apartment, and ive learned alot from him and decided to take the plunge and get one going on my own. him and his wife have 3 fresh water tanks, ( 2 ten gallons, their hers. and one 55 gallon, his.) and they recently dove into the world of salt water tanks, having purchased one cheep from a friend, it was complete and running when they got it. even came with fish! so we all have done our fair share of salt water reading over the past few weeks, and i think this site will help all of us with any questions that i bet will be ariving.

so yea, that me in a lava rock.

yes im doing a freshwater in my 30. (i forgot to mention that in my origanal post.) also i have a watergarden in my back yard with about a dozen Japanese Koi in it. they come inside to their "indoor pond" in the winter, as we only have the preformed plastic ponds in the ground and they arent very deep. but its still cool tho. i will get some pics up of the ponds and my tank when i get it set up. thanx for the warm welcome!