New to the forum

phishy

Small Fish
Mar 20, 2006
east coast
Oh I forgot I also have one red butterfly Halfmoon I will take pics of him too and hopefully tommorrow what I requested today at the LFS are delivered to them if the breeder has any of the colors of bettas I am looking for Crowntails and Halfmoons that is

Pure

Elite Fish
Nov 1, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
Those are some very pretty fish.

If I may be so bold, if you are going to be that into bettas you will be more pleased with what you get by custom picking them from Thailand instead of hoping your LFS gets you what you are looking for. Yes it is pricey to import 1 betta, but it's a deal if you get 6 and doesn't really cost much more for shipping. More than 6 normally carries more shipping charges. :D

If you are interested talk to Wasan, a very good friend of mine. I've placed many orders with him and trust him enough to send me fish without pics. http://www.wasanbetta.net/wasanbetta/

phishy

Small Fish
Mar 20, 2006
east coast
I know what u mean Pure that is why I have hesistated on purchasing them from thailand have seriously thought about it though. I was going to give this LFS a try to see if they come through what I am looking for since he told me he breed bettas the mustard gas color and that he has a friend in Jersey that breed only white platinum bettas not sure if they are CT or HM. I have seen wasanbetta on aquabid but was hesistant dealing with breeders in thailand. Also, I was wondering have you heard of future bettas in Texas and blue betta usa in wellington, florida any input on these two breeders. I have also notice that future bettas are the rare breeders who have green bettas which is the most sought after in the betta world. I have only seen pics of the elusive green betta on www.bettysplends.com I would definitely give wasanbetta a try once I am relocated to florida in May. thank you for the suggestion Pure

Pure

Elite Fish
Nov 1, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
Ya I've dealt with Brian from bluebettas, he has nice stock. And even better with him you get bettas from overseas without having to import them yourself. Only problem with both breeders is the availability is much better buying direct. But ya you can certainly get good fish from both local USA guys.

If your LFS guy breeds them then that is a REALLY good place for you to get what your looking for indeed.

Wasan is the only seller that I have seen that has actual 24K gold colored betas with no redwash and doesn't charge 300 each for them. I've gotten a few offa him and I paid at max 80 bucks for a OHM male. These fish were purty, no clearness at all to the fins, just pure gold luster.