new

im new to this web site but not fish keeping.i have a 20 gallon with 6 tiger barbs(5 one just died).and a ten gallon that i just set up.i actually came across this site looking for some cool live plants for my ten gallon.i really love my barbs and as far as i can tell they love me to(mainly becuase i spoil them with treats)my 20 gallon did have plants but i ripped them out the otther day becuase the tank got a bad case of ick or ich what ever its called.

lou48314

Medium Fish
Mar 13, 2006
Sterling Heights, MI
bala_aquarium said:
im new to this web site but not fish keeping.i have a 20 gallon with 6 tiger barbs(5 one just died).and a ten gallon that i just set up.i actually came across this site looking for some cool live plants for my ten gallon.i really love my barbs and as far as i can tell they love me to(mainly becuase i spoil them with treats)my 20 gallon did have plants but i ripped them out the otther day becuase the tank got a bad case of ick or ich what ever its called.
Sorry to hear about your ich problem.
This is a neat site. I have been gathering information left and right! :)

Mystic28

Small Fish
Mar 26, 2006
Waterford, MI
I am also new to the site and a new hobbyist. I have had tanks in the past just not ones that I would take pride in. I am currently the owner of a 55gal. community tank. I am wanting to move into the live plant arena and don't really know where to start. Substrate is what I have started with and my head is spinning. I will post questions in other forums so I don't bog this one down my first day!