New

Jan 1, 2007
Hello All,

I have been into freshwater tanks for a LONG time and i finaly had a salt setup "Thrust" upon me. My neighbor had to go overseas for the military and could no longer keep his setup and gave it to me. He had a 48 Bow Front with minimal filtration in my opinion. we were moving the tank and it exploded/cracked. (Cheap Tank).*crazysmil Luck for me we had already emptied it. So we moved the inhabitance to my spare 75G tank. Took the water that we had saved from his other thank and added some extra (Mixed of course).

I took some extra filters that i had lying around and set them up for this tank:
2 - Rena Filstar XP2's
1 - Emperor 400 BioWheel
Bought a Skimmer for it:
1 - Red Sea Prism Pro (Turbo Venturi) (Rated for a 300G Tank) (I have read that these suck but i got it for extremely cheeeeep)
Added Some power heads:
1 - AquaClear 70 (400GPH) - connected to a small undergravel plate to prevent animal suckage.
1 - Aquaclear 20 (150GPH) - has a strainer attached to prevet suckage)
Heater: 300W Inline Heater on the Rena keeps water at 79 Deg.

Lights:
Ok here goes, i am an electrical eng/computer geek so i went overboard:
2 - 250W Metal halide Lights (Both run at 15K Kelvin)
2 - 48W Actinic Bulbs (Regular Flor)
1 - 18 LED 6W Lunar Light
(The pic dosn't show the light as i am building the hood today . . .)

Unfortunately i don't have the space to set up a sump so will the following configuration limit me in any way to what i could possibly keep in the tank.

BTW - Here is a list of the current inhabitants -
2 - Clownfish (Nemo Lookin' ones)
1 - Sebae (Yes i know . . . )
1 - Skunk Shrimp
2 - Peppermint Shrimp
Various Hermit Crabs and Snails.

Comments . . . questions . . . Anything would be appreciated as i am unfortunately new to salt setups.

Umm . . . Water paramaters - Amonia, Nitrite, Nitrate - All 0

Thanks for your time!!!

Attachments

Last edited:

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
u probally dont want that biowheel (nitrate trap) and you need lots of live rock and you said its a 75 gallon so yur guna need a much bigger cleanup crew but besides that it looks like your off to a good start

Last edited: