Newb to the site.

I just joined nad thought I would introduce myself.......been donig the fish thing for a while now....used to have a 100 gallon tank a while back. Sold it about 3 or 4 years ago and now I am back in business with a 135 gallon. Here are some pics......its a work in progress :)

Vancouver

Small Fish
Feb 25, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Visit site
Very nice tank. I really like the aquascaping. Is that a custom base? I've been looking to build one for a 50 gallon that I'm going to buy and would be interested to hear your suggestions if you made yours.

Maybe in the future we could get a close up of some of the fish. I would like to see what they look like against some of those plants.

Cheers
Mike

anthoeny

Large Fish
Feb 3, 2004
Hmm....

It seems to me this post should belong in two boards really, Introduction and RateMyTank :D

In any case, welcome to MFT.net, Chad!

Originally posted by catfishmike
welcome to the tank.i live in las vegas too what fish stores do you frequent?any one you like better than another.anyhoo nice to have another l.v. person on the board.
right on...what part of town you live on?? I am down near the 215/95 interchange....so I visit Green valley aquarium frequently...don't buy to often from them since they are pricey....but they sometimes have stuff that the regular LFS's don't have....The other place I goto is Trop aquarium. Other than that don't know of any others fish places that are good......what about u?

catfishmike

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sin City, again...
i live in the nellis and sahara area.i shop at green vally and f.i.s.h.
i like green valley but it's kinda out of the way and live stock prices are pretty high but the store always looks nice and clean
f.i.s.h. is nice,pretty grubby looking but they get some cool fish,probably the best selection in town.dry good prices are higher than a cats back though.
i won't shop at trop aquarium.too many dyed fish and a total lack of product choice.that and they only sell marginal plants not true submersed plants.
all the other places in town are not worth mentioning really.

catfishmike

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sin City, again...
it's off of charelston and bruce
it's kinda hidden behind the macayos and the brake job shop on the corner
if your not familar with the area,bruce is inbetween eastern and maryland parkway on charelston.just know what you want first,some of the employees are not too fish savvy.

SLO-Dean

Large Fish
Jan 27, 2003
SLO, CA
Visit site
nice BIG tank. I've seen that decoration on the left before and know it's quite large and it only take a small corner in your tank, (how I can tell it's big) are there any fish in the tank in that pic? And is that a real piece of wood in the back, I love it.

Is that anacharis? does it grow for you? I tried it and it just seem to slowly die and get picked to just stems by my fish.
I thought it's better used as a food source.

Originally posted by SLO-Dean
nice BIG tank. I've seen that decoration on the left before and know it's quite large and it only take a small corner in your tank, (how I can tell it's big) are there any fish in the tank in that pic? And is that a real piece of wood in the back, I love it.

Is that anacharis? does it grow for you? I tried it and it just seem to slowly die and get picked to just stems by my fish.
I thought it's better used as a food source.
everything is fake in the tank......and there were a few fish in the tank at the time of the photos...but they were hiding.....there is another thread in the rate my tank section that has more pics of the tank and the fish.:)