Newbie and need your help

marvel1

New Fish
Oct 4, 2010
Hello i'm completely new to salt water someone would like to sell me a 55 gallon aquarium with everything I need including all the live rock for 500 dollars and they are even going to set up the tank for me. The fish in that aquarium are a Yellow tang, Another type of tang a clown fish and two fish that I don't know the names. I don't plan on adding any other fish and I was wondering how hard it would be to maintain the aquarium. I figured who better to ask then the saltwater experts that arent trying to sell me something.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
well I would suggest that you research the hobby a bit first by reading the stickies at the top of the forum. Then once you have done that make a complete list of all the equipment and stuff that is coming with the tank. That will give us a better idea of the setup you are getting. Once we look at that we can make better recommendations. I would not want to buy a tank setup until I researched the hobby and found out whether what I was buying is what I want.....

Wilioli

Medium Fish
Oct 17, 2010
Ontario, Canada
hey im new to the hobby as well, so I can just share experience, and not give u advice as an experienced hobbyist.. if that made sense! I would definitely do some reading and research on everything before taking responsibility of an already established tank. After doing all the research, and then spending a couple of weeks (2-8wks) of cycling ur tank u may come across more doubts and questions that you will need answered, in order to avoid 'screwin up'. I'm just sayin 500 bucks for an established tank, and one mistake could make u lose all of that.