Newbie/First time Betta owner

Scarab

Medium Fish
Jul 31, 2003
Atlanta, Georgia
Visit site
Just wanted to say hello to everyone. This looks like a very friendly and helpful place.

Bought a betta last week. First fish and first aquarium (well...if you don't count my failed attempts with goldfish as a child). His name's Solomon...beautiful guy w/a fiesty temper:mad: I keep him in a 1/2 gallon Marina Betta Pals aquarium, which he loves. I'll probably be buying some more bettas (and their own homes) soon. I think I'm becoming addicted.

Looking forward to interacting with you guys.:)

I'm sure you experts already know about this...but www.fishforum.net is a cool place as well:D

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
Welcome! :) I'll be the first to say that your betta would probably appreciate a home bigger than 1/2 gallon...but hey thats bigger than those stupid little bowls so its a step up :)

Scarab

Medium Fish
Jul 31, 2003
Atlanta, Georgia
Visit site
Thank you all for your warm welcomes! I bought my 2nd betta today! A gorgeous orange fella with a spade-shaped tail: Samson. He's absolutely beautiful!

But Solomon's got his first case of ich (see my post in the betta forum). :( But I'm medicating him (it's when I went to Petsmart to get his medicine that I spotted Samson and couldn't leave without him :) ).

Thanks again.