Nice Site!

Oct 30, 2003
Manassas, VA
Visit site
Hi, I am the FNG on the board.:D I started this hobby about a year and a half ago and I enjoy it very much. I have three tanks now; 5, 20, & 55 gal. I am planning to get a 120-125gal tank soon because of my previous inexperience has resulted in fish outgrowing the 55. This is what I have and you will understand why I will be upgrading their accomodations:

55- 2 pacus; 2 tiger oscars; 1 black shark; 2 plecos. They will be moving into a 125 SOON!

20- 2 small angels; 2 paradise guaramis; 4 black skirt tetras; 3 black mollys; 3 loaches; 2 plecos. They will move into the 55.

5- 6 goldfish; 2 plecos. They'll go to the 20.

I'm thinking about converting the 5 to a betta tank.

I am open to advice and any will be welcome.

You guys have a great site. Keep up the good work.:)

ecotank

Superstar Fish
Aug 30, 2003
Palm Springs, Ca
home.earthlink.net
Hi....Welcome to the tank.

Good that your increasing tank size, but no way is a 20 big enough for 6 goldfish and 2 plecos. Goldfish need about 10 gallons per fish and plecos (if they are common plecs) can grow to 18 inches (have one that is 14 inches right now)

5 gallons is a perfect home for a betta.

Oct 30, 2003
Manassas, VA
Visit site
Thanks everyone.

That is my concern about the pacus, however I am worried about anything larger than a 125. I live in an apartment and I dont want the tank ending up in my downstairs neighbor's living room if you know what I mean.:D As much as I don't want to, I may have to find a new home for the pacus and maybe the black shark. If anyone in the DC area is interested please let me know.