Nitrite over 10 Why???

Aug 13, 2011
www.betrsoutlets.com
I am very confused now. My 20 Gal high in now about 7 too 8 weeks going now. I went thru the high Ammonia part about 4 weeks ago and now for the 2 1/2 weeks I have very high Nitrite reading (well over 10) lost 2 Silver Tip Sharks. I am using strips for reading and verified that the strips are good by reading my other tank 10 Gal which is perfect.

I have 3 large plants in there with the hope that would help, I also have some filter media that is said to remove Nitrites and Nitrates along with the stock filter that comes with Bio-Wheel.

I have also done water changes last weekend 25 on sat and sun morning then another 50% Sunday night.

I forgot to mention that before all this the water was really cloudy. This was before I had test strips but had been testing the Ammonia which was ready 0. The water is clear now after all the water changing.

Feb 27, 2009
lost 2 Silver Tip Sharks
Is this a freshwater or brackish tank? Carcharhinus albimarginatus (aka Silver Tip Sharks) are not freshwater. What are the fish being kept (kind and numbers)?

I have 3 large plants in there with the hope that would help
What plants do you have? Sadly, a lot of aquarium stores sell plants that are not aquatic, which only adds to the waste being produced in a tank as they rot over time.

I also have some filter media that is said to remove Nitrites and Nitrates
What media is this?