no food

damian09

Large Fish
Mar 31, 2009
just a quick qeustion i ran out of food what can i use for a one off kind of thing i can ony get to the shops on friday any help plaese i got 3 albino oscars 3 convict cichlids 1 pleco 1 albino pleco and a few convict spawns

ValRasbora

Superstar Fish
May 2, 2009
Atlantic Canada
once I gave some goldies chopped-up-hard-boiled egg.
You could also possibly feed them some raw fish (salmon, tuna etc.) some beef or peas.
And I would reccomend next time you start to get low on fishy food, buy some ASAP!
btw these are emergency foods only, not a regular diet!!
oh and just a thought, you must have a huge tank! How big?

Aug 16, 2009
SW Pennsylvania
Fish can go awhile without food. They'll be fine. Also, the inch per gallon rule applies to slim-bodied fish. It's generally more gallons if they are large fish with bigger bioloads. Also, the inch per gallon rule is for the size of fully matured fish, no matter how small they are.

misterking

Superstar Fish
Aug 12, 2008
Manchester, UK
www.facebook.com
Yes, and I believe not long ago you said you were upgrading that week to something more like 100 gallons or more? Drawing on what ltbw said, it's by no means a rule, just a guideline, and only applies to adult sizes. Before long you will run into ammonia issues as a tank that small cannot support the huge bioload that's in it. As adult fish, you're talking around 110 inches collectively, not including your convict fry, so you have infact doubly stocked your tank if that's the guide yr going off.

As lotus said, fish don't need to eat every day.