No more cloudy water!

Jun 8, 2006
I just found a solution to a many months long struggle with a) cloudy water and b) green water. In brief, I have tried all the usual remedies - addressing bacterial bloom, too much light, water source, etc. Most recently I have been buying bottled water and that sort of got the cloudyness down but then I developed greenish-cloudy water. I tried changing 20% of the water over several days. I took risks and cleaned out everything. And on and on. Then this week while in my local pet store I saw a small bottle of something called "Crystal Clear." It only cost $2.99. What the heck, I tried it. Put eight drops in one day. Next day no change. Put in another eight drops and went about my business, figuring it wouldn't matter if I prayed, offered sacrifices, or painted the glass a different color. Then on my way to the kitchen I saw it. Or should I say I didn't see it. The water was absolutely crystal clear (hence the name I guess). I don't work for this company, I don't know anything about them other than what's on the bottle. It reads: Crystal Clear. AP (Aquarium Products). Glen Burnie, Md 21061. I'm going to write to them and offer congratulations and thanks.

noncentric

Large Fish
Feb 18, 2006
WA state
So, will you continue using this product to keep the water clear? What is in it?

In the meantime, it would be good to try and figure out what caused the cloudy water in the first place. If you post more info about your tank, then someone in the forum may be able to give you some other ideas.

- Water parameters (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH, temperature, etc).
- Tank size.
- Numbers of fish and what types.
- Live plants or plastic plants.
- Wattage and types of lights.

By the way - I see this is your first post...WELCOME!!!

Good luck!