not much coming from my skimmer

dial

Large Fish
Jun 8, 2003
Australia
dialmedia.com.au
Hi all . i added 10kg and 2 fish and a corel on the weekend. Iv been running my wet dry sump with skimmer and iv only collected proberly 20ml of brown stuff. is this right.

cheers aron.

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
and jebo is a copy of the seaclone..but with cheaper plastic.
I've seen jebo skimmers in action...i quite frankly i was surprised...they seems to skim..but they were noisier than the seaclone.
I checked the AZOO TRI-SUPER SKIMMER on the website...looks exactly like jebo.
I don't have much skimming experiences..i only have the seaclone 100..and yep if can skim a lot sometimes...then need to be tweaked...then skim..than tweaked...and so on.
If the seaclone isn't reliable and you have a copy of a "so-so" product..don't expect much

dial

Large Fish
Jun 8, 2003
Australia
dialmedia.com.au
yeah. thats what i thought. buit the LFS i go to is called petcity.com.au and rated queensland number 1 pet store. and on very sump they run the same skimmer. it looks a lot more well made the azoo compared to the jebo.

cheers aron.

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
No, when i meant tweaking, i meant playing with the valve, cleaning foam, opening the maxijet and shoot water directly from the faucet when i remove the impeller...just a good cleaning. The little plastic cylinder under the foam is loose also..helps making bubbles in the skimmer.
I will eventually do one of these mods : http://reefcentral.com/diy/seaclone_modifications.htm ( what u requested i think ..CTRL + D to bookmark *BOUNCINGS ) when i know i have money for a better skimmer or already bought another.
The only real problem with the seaclone ( besides cleaning ) is the water level. In a well done sump the seaclone IS reliable and great, 'cause the water level is always the same.
The design of the seaclone was butched ( <- don't know if it's a word..i'm still practicing my english ) but if you have the chance to have a sump...get it in.

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
There's not much coming from your skimmer as you need to setle it on, and also frankly it's not very good. With work it should produce more though it's a undersized for your tank.
Azoo stuff is very odd- the acrylic aquariums and some of the lights are fantastic, but some of their other products are utter rubbish