Not Quite Sure?

sweetpickles7

Superstar Fish
Feb 13, 2007
Central Illinois
Well a friend and I went to my lfs today and i saw many fish i liked. I need some info on fish and what you guys think about it. The fish i have to have are: 1 clownfish[not sure if i want true/false or marroon gold stripe], 1 firefish, and 1 dwarf angel. Now heres where it gets tricky. I also like the one spot foxface.And i have enough info on it, its the others i have questions about. Can anyone tell me about Eibls dwarf angel, long-nose butterfly fish, saddleback toby, and potters angel. Lol, i know thats alot but i dont know there compatibility and would like to know peoples experiences with them.
Thanks

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Well in a 55 you are pushing the limits with those fish choices. That foxface needs more room than that alotted with the 55g. Most butterfly fish are not reef safe....

sweetpickles7

Superstar Fish
Feb 13, 2007
Central Illinois
The tank isnt a reef tank really, and might possibly never have corals in it. And previously Lotus told me that a foxface would be fine and i had more fish on my list then, then i do now. So you are saying that neither the foxface or long-nose butterfly will work? Is that because of the toby?

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
My thoughts are they are all fairly large fish and together they will be hard pressed for room. If you had just one and then smaller fish you may get away with it.....but a long nose butterfly, foxface and saddleback together would I think be very stressful for them

sweetpickles7

Superstar Fish
Feb 13, 2007
Central Illinois
O no. sorry.I would not put the foxface and long-nose together. If i had them both that would completly overstock me with what else i want and i wouldnt do that. Im just saying the foxface or the longnose, not both. The saddleback will get aprox. 4in right?

sweetpickles7

Superstar Fish
Feb 13, 2007
Central Illinois
Well, im now ruling out the foxface and longnose butterfly fish. But i want to keep the toby in the mix. so im thinking:
1firefish
1 royal gramma or pseudochromis
1 dwarf angel
1 saddleback toby
1 false clown
and maybe a goby or wrasse if exceptable.
That sounds better, right? And how should i add them so the least aggressive goes in first and the most in last?

Jun 29, 2008
PA
i had a royal gramma, saddleback (valentini), and false clown together and they got along very well. i would suggest NOT adding any another puffer though, I think that caused a huge tank crash...