Not sure what happened

sphenta

Large Fish
Feb 5, 2008
Michigan
Hi all. Last night I went and looked at my tank. I saw one of my cory's floating on his back going straight to the bottom. He layed there not moving. I took the end of the fish net to see if he was dead. He didn't move. So I went to get something to put him in,came back he was gone. I did a head check with all the cory's couldn't find him. A few minutes went by then I saw him swim straight up to the top. As he was doing this he was spinning. Then he layed back down again on his back. So I took him out and put him in the QT. He look a little red by his top fins and wasn't moving much. So I kept him in there over night. Today he is swimming normal and not red any more. Not sure what happened yesterday. Maybe he bumped his head or something. Thank goodness I didn't throw him out. And thank goodness for my QT. This cory is the smallest of my 6 cory's. I make sure I feed them well and my water all checks out and other fish are fine. The strangest thing. Just wanted to share. Thank you . Tina

Jul 21, 2006
California
www.myspace.com
Several dots are the sure symptoms of infection, I would definitely observe the cory's breathing patterns. Is he active and does he eat during feeding? The red streak could be because he is rubbing himself on rocks. Good luck, hope the little guy gets better.

emmanuelchavez

Superstar Fish
Feb 22, 2008
Several dots are the sure symptoms of infection, I would definitely observe the cory's breathing patterns. Is he active and does he eat during feeding? The red streak could be because he is rubbing himself on rocks. Good luck, hope the little guy gets better.
My peppered cories did develop red streaks when I moved them from a QT tank that had very fine gravel, to a pebbly gravel'd tank. Just make sure to observe it. Some of my pygmy cories act strange from time to time, but they get over it.

What type of cory is it, btw?
How many other fish are there in the tank with it, and how big is the tank. If it hasn't grown like the others have, it's growth may be stunted.