November POTM - Corals

f8fan

MFT Staff
Nov 19, 2004
Bangor, Maine
Sorry for the delay in posting this thread for the contest, BTW.

November's POTM started out being "Holiday Themed Tanks" but I ran a poll asking if people wanted to switch December (which was corals) and Novembers (which was Holiday) since it seemed to fit the time line for the Holiday theme more. So we are already in the middle of the month and there is only 15 days to submit pics for the corals.

OH NO!!!!!!!!
Kelly!!!!!!!!!!
I forgot, Matt REALLY wanted to enter this one! :(
Should still be a good contest tho :)
When is Matt due back from Paris Island?

f8fan

MFT Staff
Nov 19, 2004
Bangor, Maine
Up to six entries...this is going to be a tough one to vote on, they are all excellent!

Any recent news on when Matt will be back? Maybe we can extend this contest til he returns *if* it's around the 9th. Knowing him I'm sure he'll check right back with MFT when he gets home and can get on a computer again :)

Katie217

Superstar Fish
Jul 15, 2006
Florida
Ill message his brother today...Lol that'll be kinda awkward...
Oh and Kelly I should have my entry in today :D

PS - I messaged his brother...just awaiting a reply... AND also, Matts corals might not be lookin too good when he gets back...His dad was taking care of them so who knows?

Last edited:

Katie217

Superstar Fish
Jul 15, 2006
Florida
Sad News on Matty :(
Heres the message I got back from his brother, Jeff...

"hey katie...he was scheduled to graduate around that date, but he got sick and got delayed...he will be graduating sometime in december, but im not sure what date...itll be towards the end of it...and then he may get some time at home, but it wont be long...he'll be here for maybe 10 days and then its off to MOS school"

So it looks like he got sick with something, and wont be home till end of December...Which is I guess a few added weeks to the bootcamp training part of it :(

Katie217

Superstar Fish
Jul 15, 2006
Florida
Got a message back from his brother...

"he did indeed stay in the hospital briefly...he got pneumonia...it rained for like 6 days straight on those guys...he's better now and back with a training company"

So I guess he's all better now and back workin hard!
So Kelly, I guess Matt's gonna have to be left out of this November POTM since he'll be getting home at the end of Dec.

BTW - Kelly, YGPM ;)

f8fan

MFT Staff
Nov 19, 2004
Bangor, Maine
Aw poor Matt :( I didn't realize he had gotten ill. Thanks for the info - I'm glad he is doing better. I kinda miss him (a little). Don't worry - Matt will have plenty of opportunities to enter POTM contests - next year is a fresh start and I'm sure there will be a cichlid contest! *SUNSMILE*

BTW, up to 8 entries for this POTM! Only a few more days to get coral entries in! (hint, hint, RYAN!!!):p