number of bottomfeeders

Oct 22, 2002
;D ??? ;D Hello,everyone.  I am new to this board.  

I have a question I hope someone can answer for me.  I have 2 cory cats and 4 dwarf african frogs in a 10 gallon tank.   Is this the right number of bottomfeeders or do I have too many?  Do they have enough space?  I really hope so I love them all so much! ;D

colesea

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
NY USA
Cory cats like to be in schools of six or more, so in ten gallons, six cories might be the only living things in that tank, unless you are taking really really good care of your tank.

I don't know much about frogs except that they really aren't a scavenger species.

So long as your water quality is well cared for and you have food to feed all your bottom feeders, then the only limit on your bottom feeding population is the biological holding capacity of your tank.

Food shouldn't be a problem, Tetra, Hikari, and Wardly all make food designed to sink for bottom feeders. If you could, train your bottom feeders to eat off a dish. I've got mine feeding out of the cap of an old food canister that I placed in the gravel as a food cup. It's so funny, my L103 (clown pleco) fits completely inside of it, nose to tail tip it's probably not much longer than 1/2", and when he's feeding, nobody bothers him! But as soon as I put all the sinking foods into the cup, cories come running from every corner. Amazingly, even my gourmis would rather eat the sinking stuff. *shrug*
~~Colesea