Ocellaris Clownfish Q's

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
i was trying to study as much as i can about these guys. because they are my main livestock.

but since i have a pair when can they pair up?

ones about 1 1/6" long and the other is about 1 1/2" long
i know they get to about 3 1/2" long.

they did the first pair moves so im sure they'll be fine.

(btw i have no clue on the age.)

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
at this point you probably have two unsexed males.....over time the larger of the two will get progressivley larger and become the female. The other will probably become the sexual male and they will become a pair. This process may take a while......Mine I have had for about a year the the female is about 2 1/2 inches long and the male has never grown much past one inch in length...they actually haven't laid eggs that i know of but they hang out together. I am not even sure if they are true percs or ocellaris as I got them at different time from different stores......I just know they get along and do the dance....though they host different corals.

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
Lorna said:
at this point you probably have two unsexed males.....over time the larger of the two will get progressivley larger and become the female. The other will probably become the sexual male and they will become a pair. This process may take a while......Mine I have had for about a year the the female is about 2 1/2 inches long and the male has never grown much past one inch in length...they actually haven't laid eggs that i know of but they hang out together. I am not even sure if they are true percs or ocellaris as I got them at different time from different stores......I just know they get along and do the dance....though they host different corals.

thanks for the info. i knew it wouldnt be like an overnight thing...

so the male hasnt grown past an inch? that will sux if both my fishes turn out to be the same sex.

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
Joe Fish said:
One will turn female if they haven't decided yet. I don't think you would have two males.
well i started off with a pair a week ago. but the other guy past on...*SICK*
they seemed to be really happy together...

when i was getting a new one...(was planing to get a small size) but all they had were 1"+ so i didnt really get to choose.

the only guy doesnt seem too interested in the new guy...but not vise versa.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
it is impossible to have two same species in the tank remain both male. Even if you only had one in the tank it would become female......so the chances of having two males is impossible, especially at that small size. Even if you did have two males one would become the female......so you are good. It may take up to a year for them to become mature