Off the wall question

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
In a 20 gallon with anemonies(sp), how many, if any clown fish could be placed in with them if they were to be the only fish species in the tank?

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
ok, thanks. i was at work and i had a 'brain storm' to turn one of my 20's into marine and this was the first thing I thought of, but didnt have time to properly research on it. I just got home, so I will look and see if I might be able to find some more info on them or other species that would do well in there.

catfishmike

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sin City, again...
just wondering.have you read what it takes to keep an anemonie.they can be just as hard as corals.they aso have very short life spans in captivity,although they can live for hunderedsof years in the wild.a 20 gallon would house a pair of clownfish fne but the anemonie would need a much larger tank.i have been wanting to do the same thing for some time now but the cost of setting up an appopriate tank would be about a thousand dollars if you want a a solid set-up with a good safety net equipmentwise.

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
Yeah, I read about that mike, thanks. They seem to be a pain to feed and to keep healthy from what I have found on them.

This was just a hair-brained Idea I had out of nowhere so Im not going to loose any sleep if I dont do this. Unfortunatley for me, the only LFS localy that even sells marine life is very poorly maintained. Not just there marine, but fresh water as well. Some tanks look like they havent been cleaned. Ever. Was in there yesterday and 10 tanks were funning with no filter, counted over 30 fish with fungus/bacteria infection, and 3 5in oscars; a baraccuda, a 4in snakehead (didnt ask where they got it, didnt care), 3 convicts, 2 farowella's, and 1 pleco in a 55 gallon that was only half filled with water. And the water that was in there was nasty, I could barley see any of the fish. Took me 15 minutes to see what all was in the tank, so there very well could have been more in there. Yet they have a 200 gallon with a bunch (30+) juvinile oscars in it plus other fish. If it were me I would switch them, but, its not me so.....

I was just thinking of some possibilities for marine fish that I could keep comfortably in a 20 gallon. Not in a hurry to set one up or anything. hehe, I might get to it with the next 5 years or so.