OK guys, what should I do next?

Sup3rman

Small Fish
Nov 2, 2006
Yes! Finally my 55g tank is cycled!! This morning I measure the water for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate. The following are the results: Ammonia = 0, Nitrites = 0, Nitrates = 40.

What is the next step I need to take? I have yet to do any major water change. The tank is currently housing 8 glofish and two medusa Plecos. I Want to turn my tank into a goldie tank with no more than 6 fancy goldies. Here is a pic of my tank i took this morning :)

Sup3rman

Small Fish
Nov 2, 2006
Zman16 said:
Woah you have Glofish! Those things are so cool looknig. I would get a couple If my LFS had them.
Yes! I love fancy goldies, you can find them at places like petsmart or petco. But i am lucky enough to live right next to serveral LFS that have a large collection of goldies. This one that is about 15 mins drive from my house sell nice, big, and some of the best looking fancy goldie for a very very affordable price. In the range of 5 USD - 25 USD depend of their size and type.

Edit- LOL i am dumb, i just realize u said glofish...and yes i got my glofish at walmart, lol sorry.

Last edited:

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
It looks like you cycled with the danios. If so, only add one goldfish at a time. A few days after you have added it, check the parameters (ammonia and nitrites especially). Make sure they're both down to zero before you add another fish.

Adding more than one goldfish at a time could cause ammonia/nitrite spikes and endanger the health of all the fish.

Sup3rman

Small Fish
Nov 2, 2006
Ok, so I took your advices and did a 30% wc earlier and now when i test my water here is how it look: ammonia = 0, nitrite = .25, nitrate = 10.

the good change is the nitrate go from 40 to 10 and the bad change is is the nitrite, it jumped from 0 to .25, why? i still have the same amount fish, i havent added any goldie yet, is it because i test the water too soon after the wc? it was about 4 hrs later that i tested the water.