OK I couldn't help myself !!!

I recently started up a 15 gal SW a few months back.....Everything going great...I had a few minor setbacks, but that is to be expected. :D Well anyhow, while I was visiting the few LFS and a few of the big chain stores, I have been thinking about upgrading my tank. To make a long story short, I picked up an Oceanic 30 gal cube and Stand with a glass top and light for $200.00.:eek: It was on clearance at Petsmart. Now I know that I have seen these setups for sale at other stores for at least 350 to 400 bucks.
I just couldn't pass this deal up. Pics to follow as I get this baby going...... I CAN'T WAIT........... WOOHOOOOOO*celebrate

I will be taking the stock from my 15 g and putting into my 30 g. It is no easy undertaking to set this cube up. I will have to move 3 other tanks just to make room :eek: . The critters that I have are 1 yellow tail damsel, 1 lawnmower blenny, 1 yellow clown goby, 1 green clown goby, 1 clown fish (Nemo), and the cleanup crew... 12 blue leg hermit crabs and 1 peppermint shrimp and 2 turbo snails. The firefish I had went MIA.... So I got the Blenny..... He is soooo ugly that he is Cute:D. This is going in my living room as a Show tank.....

Big Vine

Elite Fish
Feb 7, 2006
Florida
Wow, Cindy, that's gonna be a really nice setup. I've always wanted to have a showy tank like that right in the center of the living space---really shows off the fish that way, and it adds a nice positive aura to the room. Oh, and don't you just love those carpets? Lol. Our apartment has the exact same-colored carpets, and they're a real joy to keep clean...granted, they do make the living room look a lot bigger.:rolleyes:

Big Vine

shwnicus

Large Fish
Feb 22, 2006
Kirkwood, MO
watch that damsel like a hawk! it seems to vary from specimen to specimen, but I'm going to have to give up my yellow-tail and striped damsels (2 different tanks). they are just too aggressive for a nano tank. while a 30g SHOULD be big enough, you just never know how those little monsters will establish territory. if you yellow-tail decides that the entire 30galllons is his, Nemo is in for a rough go.

and as for the firefish, I'm planning on swapping my 2 damsels at my lfs for 2 firefish, they are notorious jumpers. most of the greater minds in these forums don't recommend hoods because of decreased gas exchange, so they recommend "eggcrate" to keep the jumpers in the tank. good luck, looks like a great tank!

cinlnk said:
I will be taking the stock from my 15 g and putting into my 30 g. It is no easy undertaking to set this cube up. I will have to move 3 other tanks just to make room :eek: . The critters that I have are 1 yellow tail damsel, 1 lawnmower blenny, 1 yellow clown goby, 1 green clown goby, 1 clown fish (Nemo), and the cleanup crew... 12 blue leg hermit crabs and 1 peppermint shrimp and 2 turbo snails. The firefish I had went MIA.... So I got the Blenny..... He is soooo ugly that he is Cute:D. This is going in my living room as a Show tank.....

Big Vine

Elite Fish
Feb 7, 2006
Florida
LMAO! :eek:
I don't know Cindy, that could make for a slightly overstocked tank. What sort of filtration do you have? How often will you do water changes?

Should I get guppy_newbe to write your parents a letter? :rolleyes:
Big Vine ;)

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
Alright Cinlnk, What have I told you!!! Im tired of saying it. You cant have a Great White Shark in your tank, let alone 4 of them!!! It just is to small!! If you keep this up I just might have to write a letter to your parents, but not asking for a bigger tank!!!!!

LOL!! Sry I had to take advantage of it!!! That was great!!! :D *SUPERSMIL :D

Jan 13, 2006
Colorado
ohh that made for a great laugh, how did you come up with that idea ROFL!!!

congrats on the new tank its gonna look great!

my only question is how are you gonna run the power cords? or is it close to a wall, from the pic it looks like its in the middle of the room.