OK one more 'is it worth it?' and a livesand question

VirgoWolf

Superstar Fish
Feb 16, 2006
Michigan
OK This is the description, tell me if this setup would need anything else or any replacements to get a SW nano setup up and going.

""This is a complete 10gallon Salt Water Nano system including Acrylic tank with black back, custom made faux granite hood, PC lighting "Custom Sealife 56watt" w/electronic ballast, Skilter 250 filter/skimmer and a 50watt heater. All in very good condition.""

Is it pretty complete?

Also, hubby wants to know if Livesand will be OK in a brackish tank?

VirgoWolf

Superstar Fish
Feb 16, 2006
Michigan
Got one of those laying around, should I go for it? I am thinking I'll wait and see if it gets any bids and if it doesn't (which it's not looking like it will) I'll offer him $50 for it and see what he says. Is it worth $50-$75?

VirgoWolf

Superstar Fish
Feb 16, 2006
Michigan
Well we're wanting to move our gobies to a smaller tank, I was thinking if we get this, using it for them and a couple mollies untill we can afford to go full SW. I don't need to do that though, heaven knows I have 10gals comming out the wazoo! LOL Might be getting another one today too. LOL

Limi310

Superstar Fish
Nov 30, 2005
Charlotte, NC
I think you'd have to keep lower light stuff like mushrooms and such (I have 96watts on my 10) but it should work. The hood sounds interesting. I've heard those skilter things are pieces of garbage.........but haven't had any personal experience with them. They are apparently very noisy and make lots of little bubbles go into the tank.
You would definitely need power heads. Does it come with any LR or substrate? Stand?

As far as LS - I guess you could put it in a brackish tank.......but idk if the organisms would stay alive.

Last edited:

VirgoWolf

Superstar Fish
Feb 16, 2006
Michigan
eh, I passed on the tank, rather stick with fresh water for the time being.

Limi, so basically it would be simpler (and cheaper LOL) to use just normal sand?

fish, what does that mean? LOL