Old member here.

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
i know, this is a place for the newer people on the board to smack up an intro for the rest of the board to see, but its been a long time since I started a thread here, and figured I would share with some of the new people a little about me and my addiction *ahem* I mean hobby. Sounds like fun.

I live in an apartment with my wife, dog, cat and 7 fish tanks. What really brought me to the internet looking for information was my plants. Never did I realize what a vast world of information was just sitting there waiting for me to tap into.

I've been heavily interested in cichlids from Lake Tanganyika in africa for over a year and a half now. I still have a few smaller planted tanks, but tring to focus most of my time and energy on my cichlids.

Besides fish keeping and when I'm not in jail, I like to just spend quality time with my wife, ride along quite roads (in my truck now, so soon i hope to do this with a bike) and cook red meat and drink a beer while doing so with our good friends.

Future plans for my fish include getting my 45 gallon done and ready for some gobies. Once we get a house, I really expect the number of tanks I am keeping to decrease quite a bit, or rise depending on what we decide to do. I either want a few large tanks, or a fish room. Hey, Im easy to please. :)

So gee, now I guess its up to $4.79 to get in. ;) (for those who may know what I'm refering too)

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
lol, thanks guys.

Actualy its not much of an inside joke. My first introduction post here when I was new was titles something like "$2 to visit", refering to the fact that I had so many critters, that i should start charging for entry fee's. :D (still may not be a bad idea)
A little searching, and it won't be inside at all. Of course, thats been what, two years ago?

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
lol, I gotta ask, just how do you pronounce that? Just like its spelled I guess. :D A little Bogey to brighten the day perhaps?

I figured I'd explain incase anyone did want to know what that was about anyway.:)

This would be the thread in question.

I just found it. Boy a lot has changed since then. No brackish tanks anymore, no oscar, no turtles. But we still have that stupid cat... :rolleyes:

And just incase anyone else was wondering, Lotus, 1979camaro, and Cichlid-Man are the only other staffers who have posted an introduction.
I feel we need to petition the rest to post one. :)

Last edited:

NoDeltaH2O

Superstar Fish
Feb 17, 2005
SC
good to let everyone new know you. I guess I'm still new myself. I don't think I ever posted here myself; instead I just filled out the "Get to Know Everyone" thread questionnaire.

Nohard feelings 'bout the Ford jokes I hope...

dogdoc

Large Fish
Sep 6, 2005
Nice to meet you Orion.

Thanks for chiming in on some of my newbie questions.

You have the absolute best avatar I have ever seen! It makes me laugh every time I see it.