OMG! Bravefish in salt water?

Hi ppl, it sure is different in the saltie side.
I need help, as someone from the neighbourhood dropped off a tank full of salty fish at our shop, and considering that we only service fresh here, i have no clue what we're into. Let me start by saying, all the fish in the tank are now in good hands, as another "salty " customer took them in to see what kind they were and what not, unfortunatley, he left two litle guys behind, as he didnt know what they were. They are two crabs, same type, one is about 2" in diameter shell-wise, and the other is about 7/8" diameter shell, they are red, black on the top, have white tipped claws of equal size, and have little white dots everywhere about them. I just need to know what they eat, how they behave, and if i can keep them in brackish water or full salt. So far i have give them Brine shrimp and "marine flake food" and they have eaten it, and they are in a thirty-gallon sand bottom newly-made-salty tank. Thanks for any help.

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
well....shell size isn't really a great way to figure out what they are; it doesn't really give any indication of their final size. if they were in a marine aquarium they should be kept in a marine environment. most crabs are scavengers of some sort and should be fine on flake food...off hand i can't ID it for you but pictures would certainly help...also, are they "hermit" crabs? or true crabs? i guess now the big decision is where will you go from here?