??? on cuc

Status
Not open for further replies.

meagheavz

Medium Fish
Aug 13, 2007
ive had my tank for over a week now. ph 7.8-8.2 nirite 0 nirate is either 0 or 5.. my ammo is hard to till its either 0 or .50 the color doesnt really match anything.. should i get a cuc or wait a little longer?? i hav brown algae growing

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
as long as amo and nitrite is at or close to 0 it should be fine for some CUCs just to let u know i would get just snails. heard crabs cause quite a bit of damage.

if u have a lot of sand i would totally recommend nassarius snails.

meagheavz

Medium Fish
Aug 13, 2007
my friend tested the watyer he siad they were all at 0..so i hot 2 turbo snails and 3 nassarius snails.. i only got a few cuz i didnt want to chance them all dying if the tank wassnt ready

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
good luck...if the tank is a week old theres a chance you may see another spike ;) btw instead of spending $ on livestock u should have invested in a testkit so u dont have to depend on someone else to test your water for you

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
You know I begin to think that you are not bothering to read anything we post.......I give you suggestions on equipment and you buy everything that we said you shouldn't.....Lotus gives you the advice to wait until your tank tests zero for at least a week before you add anything and you promptly go out and get a cuc......I am not sure what exactly you are looking for as far as advice....but obviously you have a lot of free cash so fly at it......what size tank is this again.......oh and I suppose you want an anemone and put a few tangs into your 55g tank.

Oh and in case you haven't read it yet.......This is a hobby not to be rushed as only bad things can happen.

meagheavz

Medium Fish
Aug 13, 2007
lol i do read wut u write and i also ask other people its ur opinion so u can get rid of ur attitude..i bought just the right stuff...and my test came to 0.. and i havent rushed anthing..its been 3 weeks..

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
three weeks is nothing. Oh and was your friend also the one who advised you on your equipment purchases......oh yeah that was our opinion also that was disregarded. Oh well have fun, just remember that those whose opinion you toss off so lightly may be less apt to offer it in the future when you really need it. No attitude intended....it is just that sometimes I feel that a person shouldn't ask for it if they don't intend to follow any of it. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.