one of my fish

Jun 6, 2005
i found out what my other fish was. i guess it is a swordtail koi. i looked it up more. and im guessing that what it is. and my other one is a black tetra.
abbs
thanks for your help.
abbs

Last edited:

Seleya

Superstar Fish
Nov 22, 2004
Cape Cod, MA
Visit site
Are you sure it isn't simply a swordtail? Check out the freshwater species profiles in the profile section. :)

I don't know of any koi with swordtails tho it wouldn't surprise me considering the number of varieties out there. A koi can be in a tank when small but will outgrow it and it needs space. I have few I overwintered inside this year in a pop-up pond, now that summer has decided to stop by they'll be going back outside.

Seleya

Superstar Fish
Nov 22, 2004
Cape Cod, MA
Visit site
I saw some koi swordtails on another website -- they're swords with patches of red and white. :) So, you have a swordtail. Swords are nice, they need some room, especially if you get both sexes! If you do get both sexes, be sure the girls outnumber the boys at least 2:1.

Black tetras are neat and should offset the brighter swordtail nicely. Keep in mind when you're ready to get more fish, tetras are typically schooling fish and like to be with their own kind. Your tank will also look nicer with a few nice sized schools of contented fish then one of every kind of fish. :)

What size is your tank?

Vicky

Jun 6, 2005
Oh! "frank" the swordtail. is all white with black dots and he has blue eyes. he has this spikey fin on top that has a blue dot on it. he does not look like any other swordfish i have seen. thats what i didnt know what it was. cause there was him and another kind of fish in that tank. and they guy got the wrong fish we wanted. but he looked so cute so we kept him. and we didnt know what he was. cause we were not looking at him. so we went back and there was a sticker on the tank but no picture. hence why i was confused about the koi part, cause i never heard of a swordtail koi.

Jun 6, 2005
yea thats why i didnt think he was a swordtail. cause he soo didnt look like one. but when we went back thats what the sticker said. i have one but you cant really tell the colors are off a little. but since i already described it. i guess you might be able to figure it out.
remember. hes white with black dots. blue eyes. and the black dot on top is the spikey fin with the blue dot on top. lol
here is the link. cause i dont know how to put a pic on here.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/abbie322/frank.bmp

Jun 28, 2003
UK
Visit site
i'd say you've got a knight goby there, definately not a swordtail at all. I have peacock gobies that are the same just a different colour, they're really nice fish and 'Frank' is very cute :)

see this link for more pics and info - http://www.aqualandpetsplus.com/Oddball, Other Gobies.htm

Knight gobies are brackish fish so you will need to add some aquarium salt to the water to make him happy.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2005
ok thanks. i will look at some pics. thanks for helping
abbs

edit: that is sooo him! thanks for letting us know. or we might have had dead fish on our hands if we got fish or did something that would hurt him.

thanks! :D

Last edited: