other fish foods(im tired of blood worms and flakes)

shark shak

Medium Fish
Mar 2, 2006
is there any other types of food i can give my bala sharks,tiger barbs irredescent shark,or tinfoil barb other than flake food,blood worms,and brine shrimp?what about apples,peas,cereal,corn?

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2004
Nipomo CA
I wouldnt recommend cereal just for the fact they add some perseritives that could hurt them. I know some people feed their koi cherrios. Peas are suppose to be good. I have read that you have to peal the skin off. Probably the same thing with corn. Lettuce works well so does cucumbers.

Your tired of bloodworms and flakes? How much have you been eating? Flakes are a good staple mixed with other treats would be the best thing for your fish.

Mar 1, 2006
england,london
re:they dnt really food

shark shak said:
is there any other types of food i can give my bala sharks,tiger barbs irredescent shark,or tinfoil barb other than flake food,blood worms,and brine shrimp?what about apples,peas,cereal,corn?
ive recently been feeding my fish cucumber and courgette just take off the skinn ,also they may like muscles and prawns with no shells on all you have do do is heat them up in a bowl of water in a microwave for 1 minute they dnt really like them if there cold