Otos with green stomachs

lauraf

Superstar Fish
Jan 1, 2010
Vancouver, British Columbia
The same thing happened to a friend of mine - her two year old would only eat tomato sauced pasta and carrots for dinner for a few months (no judgement here ;) ). The child looked like she had shared Jessica Simpson's self-tanner.

Mar 26, 2011
Malden, MA
It's actually the beta-carotene from what I understand. You have to eat a LOT of them. Feel like I heard that everyone turned orange in the bio-dome experiment, because sweet potatoes were the one crop that really did well for them.

Oct 29, 2010
They may eat blanched zucchini or spinach, or algae rounds.

It's pretty hit or miss with ottos though, they're often extremely picky.

Your best bet would be to grow some algae in a sunny window, they'd love that :)

Feb 27, 2009
I supplement my otos with veggies, but I've found that if algae is available, they will ignore the veggies for the most part. One of my species has never been seen eating veggies at all. The one species that will take veggies with algae available is the Cocama, which since they are the hardest to come by, I'm glad they are not so picky!

Nov 5, 2009
CT
i've had suprising success with omega one veggie rounds. i put a few in the corners of the tank. i checked back an hour or so later and they were chomping away on them. the corys and snails love em too