Otto ?

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
I moved 1 of my Ottos into my 3 gal to help with the algea. But can my other Otto handle the 7 gal on his own or should I get 1 more Otto?

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
As far as algea goes, you guys say he'll be fine or as far as being alone? Cause I know that they can be by themselves but is it too much for him to keep clean? I like to leave th lights on during the day and shut them off just after feeding time. THat is why I am asking.

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
Yep...mine keeps a 29 clean by himself :) The other is in a 5 by himself...but they've taken care of all of my tanks (except the 46) easily :) One time I had a brown algae outbreak in my 15 and it was so terrible...I put an otto in there before I went to bed and when I woke up in the morning it was sparkly clean...I was amazed (and he was fat...haha).

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
Sorry to bother ya'll again; but I do have one more question. As I said earlier, I have moved an otto into my 3 gal tank. This tank is also the home to a male betta. Now everything is fine and the betta seems to accept the otto. But my question is: Does this mean that there could still be an issue? If so, how long should I keep a close eye on them?
Sorry that was two questions. lol.

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
Ottos will generally just leave if they're being pestered. I dont think you'll have a problem if there hasn't been any interest between the two after a couple hours.