Our fighter fish......

Odiee_Garf

Medium Fish
Mar 14, 2004
Alberta,Canada
Visit site
:confused: Hello there.. We are new here.. and we are also new to our 25g Fish Tank.... We have just set it up roughly about 15 hours ago.. no fish are in it as of yet..
I have a Siamese Fighter and a Neon Tetra in a small fish bowl here.. and well.... When I brought the fighter fish home. he was full of life.. and happy.. and now today.. he is rather sluggish.. and gloomy.. He is getting a white patch on his back.. and I don't know what is wrong here.>>? Could it be Fin Rot, Ick.. >?? pls help me find out.. I am thinking it could just be stress.. due to the move... I don't want to move him to the new tank though. I don't know if he would be okay in there niether.... The pet store said to pump for atleast 24 hours...??
any suggestions would be wonderful.. Thanks....

Mar 14, 2004
Visit site
I dont know too much about fish dieseases but ick is generally small white spots
one treatment i know of for ick ane another fish diesease called velvet, fungus and slugishness is called Aquari-sol

have you ever had fish before

If not you should be informed that tetras generally need to be in a filtered tank for survival

Odiee_Garf

Medium Fish
Mar 14, 2004
Alberta,Canada
Visit site
Yes.. I have had fish before.. and they are now in a filtered tank.. They were only in the small bowl for a period of 24 hours... The pet store did say they would be okay...
He seems to be doing not to bad now.. still sluggish.. but we shall see what morning brings for him.... Hopefully my fighter is going to be okay.. He is sooo pretty....
I will surely keep you all posted though..
Thank you for your concern...
Odiee_Garf

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Keep a close eye on him to see how the disease/problem is doing. Many people here recommend keeping Siamese fighters (betta splendens) in a tank on their own, as they aren't always comfortable in a community situation. If you don't want to get another tank, you can get a divider for your tank. You will need to choose his tankmates carefully if you decide to keep him in the 25g. :) Good luck.

Odiee_Garf

Medium Fish
Mar 14, 2004
Alberta,Canada
Visit site
So far he is doing okay... he is hangin out by the thermometer... other than that .. he is coping well with the move....
He isn't really bothered with the little neon in here.. But yes... I think he should be on his own... he seemed alittle happier I feel.. But.. we shall watch him closely..
Thank you for your input... Appreciate it...
Odiee_Garf

Dec 1, 2003
Texas
Visit site
Sometimes it takes them a while to adjust to new tanks. As for the spot, just keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't get any worse. Bettas can make great community tank mates, just depends on the attitude of the one you have. They are all so different, but great fish to have.

Glad to hear he is doing better.

Odiee_Garf

Medium Fish
Mar 14, 2004
Alberta,Canada
Visit site
Yes.. that is my thought as well. But.. we shall see how he does on his own now.. he is back in his bowl.. he just wasn't happpy in the new tank.. So.. not to worry so far.. lol.
He is loosing his color under his chin though. I don't know what that could be going on. UGH>>> if only they could tell us.. hehe..
My little neon tetra is doing great in the big tank though.. lol... little lonely.. but we be fixin that tomorrow.. getting some friends for him to swim with..lol.
Thanks...