overabundance of oxygen

Jul 15, 2007
MAINE
i have a 25 gallon tank and just installed a bubble wand under the gravel. there are 2 other plastic towers where air is released through carbon on both ends of the tank. could this potentially hurt my fish? looking at my tank now, there just seems to be a lot of bubbles.

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
An over abundance of oxygen in the water, no. It can cause to much current in the water giving difficulty to your fish trying to swim, but that's about the extent of any 'damage'. Unless your injecting Co2 for plants, but that's a whole different story.

As long as your fish aren't having trouble swimming, then you shouldn't have any problems.

JWright

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Snowy Upstate New York
www.cnytheater.com
Be it Kool-Aid mix or Oxygen, there is a fininte amount of "stuff" that can be dissolved in water at a given temperature. There's no way (in an aquarium setting), that you can put "more" oxygen in the water than it will accept, and if you have a halfway decent amount of circulation in your tank, your oxygen concentration is probably already darn close to 100% of waht your water will hold.

~JW