overflow without drilling

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
i understand the siphons on a overflow box but dont u have to suck on one end to get the flow going?

i use the siphon method for water changes. with a tube.

im going to c if i can make that overflow box...and somehow learn how it works...

i found this site to be very useful

DIY Overflow Box

--------------------------

one thing that im scared about the siphon is that if it stops then all the water will be pumped to the main tank...

Last edited:

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
the only thing im scared of now is flooding like if the siphon breakes then a lot of the water is just going to get pumped into the tank. (or the pump gets damaged after it pumps all the water in out of the chamber.)

Coolwaters, that overflow in the link you posted, from Melev's, works excelently. I made one for my 20 gal and never had any problems with it. However, you need to make sure you have the proper tools, mainly a router, to build it with. and be sure too that you get the 1/8" acrylic because its much easier to bend and form.

EDIT>>> you should not have a problem with it losing its siphon if you build it just like he did

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
ok i'll just make it and c how it goes.

i was planning to use a sharp or utility knife...

if worst comes to worst i'll just go to my uncle's house and borrow his router.

random thing : cant believe i wasted my time getting this .93 mm thick sheet...cost me $8 too...returning it today and getting the 1/8 sheets (i couldnt cuz the 1/8 only came in 4' X 6' which didnt fit im my friends sports car XD)

Last edited: