1 coral beauty angelfish
-----------------------------------
according to the live rock's organisms contents, here's what i plan to get:
1 emerald mithrax crab
6 turbo snails
2 peppermint shrimp
4 cerith snails
maybe 1 feather duster?
the standard detritus feeder pack from liveaquaria.com--(i think 1 sand sifting star, 1 tiger striped fancy serpent sea star, and 1 tiger tail sea cucumber)--i definetly want to get this pack

would my tank be overstocked if i went with this config?

Mar 24, 2004
gainesville, fl
plaza.ufl.edu
especially in a small tank, the cucumber isn't really a good idea. the biggest "problem" with reef or live rock tanks is that you really have to keep your stocking level down...it can take like 1/5 the amount of fish the same-sized FW tank could. i have a 20g reef with one damselfish in it...that's it! i might add a small goby in the future, but that's absolutely it for me. there is just so much going on in reef tanks, though, with inverts and hitchhikers and whatnot that you don't really need the same amount of fish anyway!

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
i think what people are trying to tell you is it would be a good idea to go without the cucumber too...you could assemble your own cleanup crew, you know....there is no reason you can't get the things you are looking for at the LFS, and really, the cucumber and the seastars are going to be unnecessary relative to the crabs and snails. If you wanted something to sift the sand I would just grab a brittle star and call it a day.

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
I personally would keep all the fish. With 30-40lbs of live rock your tank can handle all four fish. The clean-up crew seems fine to me. However depending on what your LFS has, you could buy inverts from them. Your set-up sounds fine to me.

Sam Reef