Parkinson's Rainbowfish??

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
they should as long as there are a few of their own species.
If youre planning on breeding you may want to keep the offspring pure as these can hybridize just like swordtails and platies can. if youre doing that then i wouldnt mix them.

Nov 8, 2009
Thank you Newman, I plan on haveing this set up, It will be a 55gallon planted low light tank. I'll be using a fluval 403, which by my research will create enough of a currant that will make the rainbows happy but not so much that will affect the other fish. I also plan on having all males in my tank so I don't think hybridization will be an issue...

1 red tail shark

1 dwarf gourami

2 hi fin lyretail swordtail (blood red)

5 boesemani rainbows

5 parkinson rainbows

3-4 red cherry shrimp

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
ALL MALES!? sausage party much?

JK, i dont know how all of them will feel, but i'd throw a few females there to just keep them satisfied. do what you think is best though.

I like all the stuff you plan on doing here :)

the redtail shark might be going too far as far as space goes. i'd get a siamese algae eater or a few to help those shrimp.

Mixicano

Small Fish
Aug 7, 2009
Milwaukee
if your only keeping one type of rainbow 5 is the minimum, but if your gunna mix and dont plan on rearing the fry or distributing them if they do grow... then thats fine, not sure if i'd go with all males, but thats just me