Part 2. of tank up post

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
i got all that rock for about 75 bucks! what a steal if you ask me!! only thing im not so happy is my Seio is blowing my sand all in 1 place!! i have to get more water in the tank tomorrow is about 2" down.. didn't have enough time before work today to fill it.. it keeps "vortexing" and blowing microbubbles all over the place.. the tank has been up for about 8 hrs.. do you guys think i should add more sand? im sure ill have some more questions.. oh yea if you click on the pics in the last post they will enlarge! sorry about how crappy they are i have a really bad camera!! any input on what you guys like or dislike will be great! ill probably be moving the rock around tomorrow don't really like how it turned out! thanks guys!

OCCFan023

Superstar Fish
Jul 29, 2004
New Jersey
even if you add more sand the seio will blow it around until it reaches the glass. Best bet is to position some rock in its way or position it so it goes diagnolly across the tank to the other side maximizeing the time the water flow hits the sand. I have this problem in my 20 l but luckily I have a light dusting as a sand bed and not a deep one.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
No the blue piece is the venturi valve. You can turn it down by rotating the bottom outflow piece which will close the slotted intakes or open them up. At least that is the only way I know of to turn them down, though I can't understand why you would buy a strong pump then turn it down.......I think you just need to redirect the waterflow towards the surface a bit more or aim the powerhead directly at another then you will get more turbulent flow and less blowing around

OCCFan023

Superstar Fish
Jul 29, 2004
New Jersey

I dont know if this helps (as I dont have my seio yet) but the 5th label down has the adjustable lever thing. To me it looks like its inside which doesnt make sense but like I said I dont have it in front of me.