Peppered cory???

lil_shez

Medium Fish
Jul 3, 2005
Australia
i really dont know how to explain this but i think its how the fish was born or it was bitten by another fish but im just asking some opioions on what others think

I just got a peppered cory and instead of having a straight body the end of the body kinda loops down and then curves up at its tail. it looks happy and healthy and happy .
But it looks like it has to keep moving its tail to stop the back of its body from floating up ...( sorry i couldnt get a pic but i tried to do my best explaining it)

is it in pain??

Feed back would be appreciated
thanks *thumbsups

Last edited:
Birth deformities usually don't cause pain. Deformaties that occur as a result of disease may though.
In this case the fish was probably just born that way. Commercial fisheries crank out so many fish (that grow without any natural predators) that these types of deformaties seem more common then what you would find in nature.

I've noticed that there are two types of aquarists: Those that adopt the malformed fish because most people don't want them, and those that wont take them at all. I'm in the middle. I don't pick them out on purpose, but I have a White Cloud with no tail at all named Stubby. :)

lil_shez

Medium Fish
Jul 3, 2005
Australia
yes i have no problem with the deformed tail of my cory ...i think it gives him a bit more personility!!!
I didnt know it was like that till i got the fish home but either way it wouldnt have stopped me from buying that cory.