Peppermint Jack

Lakea

Large Fish
Oct 14, 2006
Texas
I don't know if anyone remember this:

http://www.myfishtank.net/forum/betta-gourami-discussion/49336-trained-betta-results.html

For my college speech class I did a informative speech about fish intelligence and I got this sweet little betta and trained him to go through a hoop. Well he has since retired from his training days, I had given him to my cousin to keep, but she is moving so I have taken him back and now he lives in m 6.6g aquarium (he was living in a 2g what room!).

He is probably about 2 years old or more, a bit sluggish in his old age, he had to get used to the new water current, give him some exercise. He seems to be doing great so far.

Here he is:

And his new home filled with javas ferns and other leftover plants:

Quick question, when I first had him I never got betta pellets, I feed him shrimp pellets and freeze dried shrimp and bloodworms. My cousin gave me some betta pellets, but I don't want to keep having to buy betta food, is it necessary for them to have?

tom91970

Superstar Fish
Jan 2, 2007
Tejas
www.myspace.com
I don't know if anyone remember this:

For my college speech class I did a informative speech about fish intelligence and I got this sweet little betta and trained him to go through a hoop.

Quick question, when I first had him I never got betta pellets, I feed him shrimp pellets and freeze dried shrimp and bloodworms. My cousin gave me some betta pellets, but I don't want to keep having to buy betta food, is it necessary for them to have?
I believe the betta pellets are formulated to bring out the colors better. Feeding them regular flake and bloodworms works for me, though I do give the betta flakes/pellets, too.

I barely remember my college speech class (hated that 8:00 class with a passion!) Where did you go?