Peppermint Shrimp Eggs

NTidd

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kalamazoo, MI
I've had 1 peppermint shrimp by himself for about 6 months now, and I finally got 2 others this weekend, well low and behold one of them has a bunch of eggs. Has anyone ever raised peppermint shrimp before?

dattack

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Most cleaner shrimp and peppermint shrimp do not become adults in the home aquaria. They are usually eaten up by fishes and for some reason their survivability is extremely low.

I had cleaner shrimps and they have 1000s of babies every so week and none survive but they do help feed your corals, fish, and other inverts which is a good thing.

toodles

Large Fish
Jan 6, 2003
USA
Visit site
I never had any peppermint shrimp babies survive, but I did have some camelback shrimp babies live in my tank for awhile. Once they got to a decent size (about like this _. ) and had started looking more like the adults, they were either all eaten or their last morph was unstable. For whatever reason, they were all wiped out.....
Anyway, you can check here to see about peppermints and what it takes to raise them.....

www.breeders-registry.gen.ca.us/

NTidd

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kalamazoo, MI
Ok, will do, it may be a bit before she lays them, there is a big thing of algae they will hopefullly hide in, it's like tangled fishing line. We'll see though.