Petsmart stopped selling fish?

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
WIERD! Must be a fluke. Someone hit the wrong button or something. :D I called their customer service and they did an upgrade last night and something went wrong and someone is working on it. They're hoping the fish section is back up by this afternoon.

angelmom

Large Fish
Dec 19, 2005
Vernon, CT
Maybe it is just a website error. Contact them where it says contact us. I did that once with Southwest because the link was messed up. They were very happy I did because it was a vacation link that was unusable.

nealio

Large Fish
Aug 23, 2006
I sent them an email right away, hopefully it is a fluke, but its pretty hard for an update to take a whole section out like that. (I'm a senior web developer, so I have a lot of experience with this kind of stuff)

Even with the search I couldn't find anything. Usually if just the button wasn't rendering on the main menu you would still be able to search thru the db for keywords, but nothing was coming up.

Hopefully this is just a fluke! :confused:

nealio

Large Fish
Aug 23, 2006
FroggyFox said:
Nealio did you read the thread? I called them and it should be back up this afternoon.
lol, sorry I'm severely hung over today. Ill try to keep my retarded comments to a minimum *twirlysmi

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
Sorry lol that was a little flippant on my part I apologize. Go drink some water somewhere dark...that always helps me :D (not that I drink or am ever hung over...really!)

JWright

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Snowy Upstate New York
www.cnytheater.com
Decent odds that menu list at the top is dynamically generated in some fashion via an SSI.

Since the fish catagory is missing in all places (the menu list, the select box, etc), it actually seems quite likely that someone pushed something they weren't supposed to, or better yet, deleted a database row they weren't supposed to, and the SSI that generates the list no longer gets asked to insert "fish".

nealio

Large Fish
Aug 23, 2006
JWright said:
Decent odds that menu list at the top is dynamically generated in some fashion via an SSI.

Since the fish catagory is missing in all places (the menu list, the select box, etc), it actually seems quite likely that someone pushed something they weren't supposed to, or better yet, deleted a database row they weren't supposed to, and the SSI that generates the list no longer gets asked to insert "fish".
I'm assuming that they are using some type of middle tier or business logic layer to display it if they are using a db. If that was the case it would throw an error rather than just not show up.

After re-reading FroggyFox response, I think they just took that section down while they were working on it. Hopefully its back up soon :D

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
Actually it was an accident. I called and said "hey I have a stupid question, did Petsmart stop selling fish products?" and she laughed and made sure I was talking about the fish tab not showing up on petsmart.com and then said that they did an upgrade and there was something wrong with that part but they're working on it and they hoped to have it up by this afternoon. Course depending on the problem it might be bigger than being able to get it up this afternoon lol

Jayrod7

Large Fish
Dec 1, 2005
Omaha, Nebraska
i was just there this afternoon and they still have fish. a few months back they closed the fish area for a few months and the renovated the whole fish area, they might be renovating the whole place. i only buy my supplies there, no fish.