PH BUFFER!! *(look at please)

Feb 28, 2005
Waterford, CA
IO just put ph buffer into a water change(into a 5 gal bucket) then I let it sit for aBOUT 1-2 Houres in w/ a power head and heater. when I went to go put the water in the water was like white. can you mix buffer into your water change. I poured it into the tank thinking the cloudyness would just go away but it is still there. now the buffer I use says you can not over do it(go over 8.3) what do you guys think. my tank is white!!!!!!!!!!1

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
I only use seachem marine buffer. And i do it only when i need to replace the evaporated water. I mix it with ro/di water..no salt. It gets cloudy, but only a minute. I only put half a coffee spoon into 1 gallon. Seems that you put too much to me...but i dunno

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
yes that is exactly why, if you READ THE DIRECTIONS it says add to a cup of fresh water, stir and then add to the tank, dont add it to the salt water mix.....It should go away, no harm no foul, but for future reference ALWAYS READ DIRECTIONS when adding things to your tank

Feb 28, 2005
Waterford, CA
LOL, thanx Aresgod, thats all I wanted to hear (no harm) it is slowly starting to clear. and that is what it says on the back, I just though oh I can add it to my mix. lol, thanx
we can just let this post die away, lol

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Basically you added enough alk to force Calcium carbonate to be precipitated. It's tiresome, but not especially dangerous, though defninitely to be avoided.