ph/ nitates

kent

New Fish
Jan 28, 2004
Visit site
ph please help

i just moved my tank and and did a 20% change and now my nitrates and ph are both not cool. also the water got really cloudy what sould i do:( :confused:

Last edited:

catfishmike

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sin City, again...
well what were they to start with.can you give us the previous readings and the current ones as well.also,how big is the tank,how long has it been running,what lives in it and how big are the occupants.these are all important factors.we need more into about the tank before we can help.

kent

New Fish
Jan 28, 2004
Visit site
sorry 29 gal it has been up for 4 months i have 1 marroon clown
1tomato clown 1 domino 1 4 striped damsel 1 scooter blenny 1 yellow tang all my levels were good according to the local store before the move all i check myself is salt at 1.021 and ph at 8.3
appr. 7 lbs live rock my biggest fish is the tang at about 3"

RIGHT NOW THE WATER IS WHITE CLOUDY MY PH IS AT ABOUT 7.8
AND THE FISH WERE ALL RERALLY STRESSED SO I MOVED THEM TO A NIEHBORS TANK

Sep 12, 2003
Springfield, MO
Sounds like your tank is overcrowded. What kind of salt mix are you using. Have you new water checked from the tap. If you moved the tank and did not use the same water your system will be in shock. keep the fish out and check the levels often.
Good luck

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
You have way to many fish in a 29 gallon aquarium. First its never wise to mix different species of clowns unless they are in a huge aquarium. Second the tang you mentioned needs at least a 50 gallon aquarium. As for your Ph, go to your LFS and pick up a buffering solution. Wait till the water stops clouding test the Ph, and add the damsel(Test dummy) if the ph is acceptable.

20 gallon Freshwater