PH

meagheavz

Medium Fish
Aug 13, 2007
my PH is high, the little tabs says its ok but when i do the water test by api, its says its like 7.6, and ive put all that crap to make it go down and it hassnt

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
7.6 is fine.

"crap to make it go down..." is a good description. That's exactly what it is, crap. That stuff is not needed, and will throw off the natural pH and buffering ability of the water leaving you with a more unstable tank. Consistent water changes will make sure that the pH never gets to far out of wack.

seastaar88

Superstar Fish
Feb 1, 2004
middletown, CT
it's better to keep your pH stable than to risk wild swings that may happen from using chemicals. your fish will adapt to whatever pH that you provide - as long as it's not an extreme pH! 7.6 is not bad at all, BTW. my pH is stable at 8.0.

Sep 11, 2005
Philadelphia
www.myspace.com
It is far better to keep your pH as close to your fish's individual preferences as possible.

BUT it is BEST to avoid messing around with it unless you are prepared to go the whole route which will include all manner of patience, research, etc.

I would leave it as is.

Who lives in the tank? You might already have the optimal pH!

meagheavz

Medium Fish
Aug 13, 2007
i have 4 cherry barbs, 4 zebra danios, 4 white cloud minnows, 2 otto cat suckers, 2 harlequin, 1 pearl danio....the cherry barbs and maybe the zebras will be goin in a 40 or 55 once it is set one and all that jazz