***pic of my new tank***

Feb 7, 2008
Hey guys, hope you like the set up! Im not sure if I like the background yet. What do you think about it? I have a sign business on the side so I took a piece of Carbon Fiber vinyl and wrapped it around the back with the black gravel. I was origionally going to wait for the black beauty sand but decided to cut it out of the budget because I have close to the same look with the black gravel. comments appreciated :) thanks, Nick

This is how my tank has been with no water in it for the past few years, Don't mind the gross wall paneling, we haven't got around to remodeling the basement in my house yet:

This is after my tank was all cleaned and ready to be put back together:

Here it is all filled up with the rocks and background:

pwrmacG4

Superstar Fish
Jan 16, 2008
My LFS!
that is a nice tank. what size is it? 55? I don't think that I like the carbon fiber background either. it depends on what you are going to do with the tank as to what background will look good. keep us updated

Feb 7, 2008
Thanks guys! Its different for sure. I was thinking once I start adding some color it with plants and stuff it will take a lot of the attention away from the background. But, the cool thing about it is when the light hits it, it sorta shoots its all over the place. It will be really easy to change out after if it doesn't look good.

Feb 7, 2008
After a trip to my local pet store today I think I decided to go with salt water with my tank? I just bought the heater on Ebay. I think im going to need a new filter because for some reason I think the filter I have is too small for my tank :(. Oh well. Hopefully I can get this up and running in the next few weeks.