picked up a nice duncan frag!

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
just like the title says! a fellow reefer promised me a frag of his duncan a few months back as a wedding gift *thumbsups well he called me today n said my frag was finally ready.... its acclimating right now, ill snap a few pics when i put it in the tank in a few hours
oh yea he also gave me an orange plate one of his angels had been pickin on to see if it would do better in my tank

Last edited:

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
just put it in the tank...if they open up before the lights go out in the next 2 hours ill post pics tonite otherwise youll have to wait till tommorow :p

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
alright your guna have to bare with my crappy camera... it really really sux at getting close ups and this is as good as it guna get! :p

i didnt get a pic of the orange plate since it hasnt opened up yet (its kinda beat up anyways so we'll see how it does)

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Tre, duncans are great corals, easy to keep, really fast growers and don't need much light. Do some reading and put yours on the bottom as this is where they are found usually in about 20 or so feet of water on a rocky mixed bottom. I bought a single head in Feb I think it now has over 15 heads on it and I got a smaller one a few months ago and it has about 7 heads now.....I spot feed them mysis about once a week otherwise they get whatever drifts by when I feed the tank......

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
They are the easiest coral I think I have ever had. I need to get a new picture of them. Mine had one head on the end of a long tubular type skeleton. I buried this in the sand and supported it with rubble rock.....It has taken off like crazy