Pic's of new 75 w/ sump

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
Heres a few pics of my 75 i just picked up.. homemade stand and you can see where my sump is.. gotta get a small light in there for my cheato before it dies!

Full Tank and Stand Shot

New Frogspawn got lastnight at 8pm

Sump, Skimmer is in the middle.. just got it running, don't think its working right tho?

New Rockwork

DclownD

Large Fish
Jul 11, 2006
Syracuse, Ny
whats the thing on the right in the second from bottom pic? is that your personal tank maitnence crew? my crew likes to stick his hand in the water >.>

ps awsome tank setup and i really like the frog spawn

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
yea shes my cleanerbaby, don't have a cleaner shrimp so she has to work lol.. she likes looking at the fish and can't seem to understand that they are in the big tank.. supprised the frogspawn has opened up allready.. hope it spreads fast!

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
frogspawn doesn't spread per se. It will grow additional heads and grow that way. The heads split into new ones.......at least that is what mine has done. My clownfish host in mine......so yours may very well also. In fact I have caught my clownfish sucking on the tips sometimes. The frogspawn doesn't mind the clownfish at all......they surf through it. A word of warning, don't let it touch the inside of your forearm or you may end up with hives that take a month or more to go away.......

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
just make sure that rock work is stable, the rash will come from the stinging nemotocists (sp?) on the ends of the frogspawns, they only give you a problem when they touch sensative areas of skin.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
hence the forearm thing....It just seems everytime I stick my arm in there for something that little beggar stings me......and it resembles and itches like poison ivy.....at least what I think poison ivy would itch like....funny no reaction to that but lots to the frogspawn and the toadstool and the torch.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Here are a couple.....the tentacles swell to a couple of inches long but the whole thing swells up from the size of a large grapefruit to the size of a small volleyball during the day....

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
that looks awsome.. hope mine will turn out that nice! .. yea the rockwork is pretty stable now.. after it fell twice i moved everything around... thought my Kenya tree was gonna die cause the big rock fell on it.. but its opened up pretty good today!

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
they are secure now.. not moving anywhere! like i said after they fell 2 times i took the time and made sure nothing was going to fall again for the fear of a flooded living room.. wouldn't like 105gallons of SW on my floor! even though i have a carpet scrubber wouldn't be pretty lol.. keep the comments comming!!

FishLuvr

Large Fish
Jun 19, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa
great tank, i cnat wait to get started on my first salty, but thats next spring or summer. oh btw QUOTE: "Sump, Skimmer is in the middle.. just got it running, don't think its working right tho?" END QUOTE, um just so you know thats not a sump its a BABY! =)