pics of new stuff

jammerz

Large Fish
Feb 28, 2005
Boise
I got some cool new stuff today, what i need to get is a new camera....but anyways heres some pics...If anybody want to drop some knowledge please feel free or any tips to help me with this stuff.
Gorgonian:

Here is my featheduster cluster that i am working on I want to have a whole dome of dusters..

These are two pics of blueberrycoral, or berry coral the guy at the lfs didn't seem to know much about em, so cool looking def. an impulse buy!! *SUPERSMIL

Here is a horrible pic of my new picasso trigger or huma huma trigger, I guess I could've wiped down the glass before I took the pic, was going to afterward then camera batteries died...go figure. I got this guy very wary of my other fish I actually got a rush when I put him in cuz i didn't know what he was gonna do. He's real dosile now, he lets the cleaner shrimp get him and hes cool with all the other fish. When i first put him in he though he was going to take one of the chromis hideouts after a few standoffs with the chromi he went searching for his own spot. It was comical. Then because im an instant gratification type person and i skipped the whole quarentine tank thing, he had white spots, i ripped him out second day and threw him in the copper tank that was 2 days ago spots are gone and he looks real good but i think i will keep him in there thru the weekend. im a dumba$$ still....No cutting corners ever again. I just hope he wasn't able to infect the main tank, it never got bad(the ich) but im still shaking in my boots....

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
you've got yourself some tough stuff

gorgonian: difficult to keep alive. filter feeder predominantly, needs very pristine water, prone to algae growth which will eventually kill it if you can't keep it off.

Nephtheis fascicularis (this is what you called the "blueberry coral"): its actually a tunicate, very tough to keep alive. strict filter feeder so you will need to try to feed it. plus, it is prone to predation. very beautiful, but likely dead within a couple months

furthermore, the triggers are generally not reef safe eevn if they don't have ich so thats a possible source of future trouble as well

jammerz

Large Fish
Feb 28, 2005
Boise
Well thanks for the encouraging words...... The triggers haven't touched a thing and if they do I have other places for them. It sounds like you are suggesting that my water quality is questionable, you would know better than me but everything is testing perfect, and I haven't lost any corals, clam is doing awesome and I haven't lost any fish since I first started. Besides a couple impulse buys I feel I've advanced tremdously. I guess I was just looking for some knowledge if that's all you have for me than that's what ill take.
I've been dosing phytoplankton three tbls. Every other day I've been told that's good.?? Should I use marine sno instead or something else? Do I need to target feed the tunicate, and if so with what? Thanks for any help....

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
it might not have been ick, sometimes fish develop a white spot here or there due to an injury when being netted or transported in a bag, it looks like ick but is just a little infection and usually goes away, however, prevention is the key so quarantine is best

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
im not trying to suggest that your water quality is poor i am just explaining the difficulties of the organisms you have selected. i can't really help you out with feeding because i have not kept any of those animals

i just call it like i see it