Picture..this slug was spraying

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
I have this slug that looks like a garden slug, with what seems to be a tiny shell. I once identified it, but can't remember what is it now. Pretty common creature, a LR hitchicker, a night feeder. When the lights opened, i saw this slug spraying a cloudy stuff, every 3 sec or so for about 3 mn, then the slug released a mucus that was syphoned away by the skimmer. My pic only doesn't give much info, but i couldn't take a better shot now that my sump is next to my tank. Since i don't remember what's the name of the slug, i'm kinda screwed when i try to get info. Could it be a stress induced toxic spray or reproduction..
My curious tang didn't appreciate the cloud too much, he swam quickly back into his penthouse..but this tang is a weird dude..not unusual behavior.

JustinP

Medium Fish
Jun 8, 2005
I have 2 of these guys too. Are you sure they are slugs? One is brown and one is all black. They hitchhiked on some button polyps I got once. Mine are about the size of dimes and I only see them at night. I have tried to I.D them and the closest I can come up with is the Abalone/Tropical snail which have flat shield-like shells and many papillae. Here is a pic I found-->http://liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=561
The spray you saw may have been waste. I've seen my turbo snails do this.

Last edited: