Pictures of the new 30g Tank

ZenGoalie

Medium Fish
Apr 1, 2006
Southern NH
www.monkeypants.net
I played with my camera last night trying to get some decent shots of the new tank, and the fish that will be making the move from my 10g into it.

First picked a location-this is the first day:

Now of course I went crazy and bought a backing, some decorations, and one live plant (moneywort)

Here's a few other angles:

One more...you can see one of my gold barbs who's doing fine:

Here's a picture of my paradise fish and my kuhli loach who will move into the new place once it's finished cycling:

Going to add some opaline gouramis, a dwarf flame gourami, and considering some others...

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
It looks like the MTS is starting to get to you huh!!! :D Nice aquascaping!! But I wouldnt advise putting a bunch of Gouramies int oa tank as small as a 30G. Its a disaster waiting to happen if you do. I think that the Paradise and a Dwarf should be ok as long as you introduce them into the tank at the same time (before one of them can claim the whole tank) Other than that I really dont advise adding any more Gouramies. Are there other fish that you like???

Apr 6, 2006
Cool. Love the colors, and the rock cave is awesome!! I do know that some Gouramis do not get along. From what I hear they often fight other fish of the same color. The Honey Gourami is supposed to be peaceful....

ZenGoalie

Medium Fish
Apr 1, 2006
Southern NH
www.monkeypants.net
Unclejackrock said:
Cool. Love the colors, and the rock cave is awesome!! I do know that some Gouramis do not get along. From what I hear they often fight other fish of the same color. The Honey Gourami is supposed to be peaceful....
The rock cave is really cool. It's just plastic, but looks great. It came with the tank (I got it used from someone that just wasn't interested anymore).

I'm between the Honey Gouramis and the dwarf flame...they're both so pretty. I'll be researching and seeing which seem the most "peaceful." Good thing is if they don't get along, I can always move one of them to my 10 gallon tank.

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
A 10G tank is not the ideal home for a Gourami. Some may say that a Dwarf is fine but IMO if you cramp an aggressive fish they are likely to become more agressive. I would do some more thinking on your stocking ideas.

ZenGoalie

Medium Fish
Apr 1, 2006
Southern NH
www.monkeypants.net
megskee333 said:
VERY Pretty... I'm diggin the blue light! :)
Thanks! It's just a simple 20 watt light and hood. But when I shut the lights off in the room at night, and use the camera, it seems to pick up the blue background that I got at Walmart!

Been doing water changes, and so far haven't lost anyone while the tank cycles. It's been two weeks now...maybe two more to go if all goes well.