PICTURES

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLM4x4

Large Fish
Jul 21, 2005
southern oregon coast
You are like severely overstocked in that 10gal tank..ever hear of 1inch of fish per gallon ? The common plecs get HUGE (not to mention the bioload they produce) as do the clown loaches...I hope you have a MASSIVE new tank plan asap unless you plan on returning more than half of the fish to your lfs.

TLM4x4

Large Fish
Jul 21, 2005
southern oregon coast
The molly's arent the problem here, the commons get 12" and more, the clownloaches 12" as well and frankly have no business being in a 10 gal. tank period imho. Did you do any research on these fish before purchasing them and putting them in a 10 gal? Do you have the funds to set up a 55 gal. tank or better for these fish? I hope you have a plan...

S-kate

Large Fish
Oct 21, 2005
Ithaca, NY
You'll have between 90 and 100 inches of fish once they're all full grown. Possibly more than that. If I were you I'd exchange the plecos for otos, loachs for dwarf corys, get rid of at least 10 mollys and exchange the 2 gourami's for dwarf gouramis. Even then you'll still be over stocked. If you want that many fish, get a bigger tank.

VirgoWolf

Superstar Fish
Feb 16, 2006
Michigan
Ditto, your poor fish need more space or your poor tank needs less fish. Everyone suggested against you getting more fish and expecially bigger fish, but you still got them, so I think the only responsible and humane thing to do is to start saving every penny you can get your hands on and get a huge tank and I would still take a few back. It's just not fair to the fish.

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
They look like regular (non-dwarf) gold gouramis to me.

By the way, most people on this site are concerned about the health of your fish. You know your tank is overstocked, and I guess you will discover the consequences soon enough -- or rather your fish will.

Last edited:

Big Vine

Elite Fish
Feb 7, 2006
Florida
Coolfish5000 said:
Golden Gouramis are dwarf
Nope. Gold gouramies will grow to about 4 inches, if not slightly more, which means that they are unsuitable for a 10 gal. tank period, let alone in a tank like yours, which is already severely overstocked.

I feel sorry for your tank inhabitants.

Big Vine

Status
Not open for further replies.