pictus catfish and ram...

Olga

Medium Fish
Oct 28, 2005
I have a Pictus catfish and Striped Raphael catfish in 40 g. aquarium.
How do you think, they will be ok with blue rams?

Jan 27, 2004
Nipomo CA
As long as they are larger then the mouths of the catfish they should be fine. But there are no way of knowing how individual fish may interact so watch them for a little bit but they should be fine. Keep your catfish well feed and you shouldnt have any problems.

don't worry about the rams. they'll do just fine, and you should try to get a male and female. the male will have a longer point on his dorsal fin, and the female has some pink in her belly and the males get bigger than the females(at least mine did). also try the golden ram, its the exact same thing as the blue ram accept its golden. and both pairs have laid eggs three times already, but they never hatch.*:eek:

bandito41

Large Fish
Dec 6, 2005
Coolville, Ohio
The rams will do fine with a pictus. I had a pictus with my two blue rams. They got along fine with no problems. Sadly the pictus died from ich. I would say a pictus and a striped raphael cat would be fine together.

Olga

Medium Fish
Oct 28, 2005
thanks for replying! :p
I also warry about feeding. My pictus eats all the food that goes into the aquarium and Striped Raphael does not have time to go out of his cave. ...how is about Rams, I mean, are they fast swimmers and are they kick/push away other fish to get more food (...or maybe all fish do so...)