pink (?) colt

snhabitat

Small Fish
Nov 20, 2004
Visit site
My pink colt, in the tank for one month, is looking less than the pink it was before. It is rather brownish, and has of late looked rather listless, shedding and slumping over. Ideas?

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
sounds like a light issue to me...where is it located in the tank? what kind of lighting do you have?

could also be nitrate buildup...do you have a skimmer? how regularly do youj change water?

snhabitat

Small Fish
Nov 20, 2004
Visit site
Light is about 6.5 watts/gal. It is about 5" below the lights. I could raise it. Water paramfeters are all 0. phytoplankton every 3-4 days. This is an established (1.5 years) 113gal tank. Good skimmer. Hmm.

snhabitat

Small Fish
Nov 20, 2004
Visit site
see "What's in your tank" thread, page 2. It is too long to rewrite.

It is possible that the colt was injured in trans-ship (sp?). There seems to be a bit of crud at the base. It seems to be shedding or sloughing off an outer layer.

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
yes and it can be quite frustrating with some softies because they tend to propogate like crazy, my xenia take over so i place little LR frags around them and they spread to the small frags and I trade them to other aquarists and my LFS, I am actually now trying to induce spliting in my Rose BTA to see if i cant get him to propogate and sell some little BTA's back and make some $ heheh and help pay for this hobby.